We are ready for the new school year!!
Don’t forget – The first day of school for our Grades 1-4 students is this TUESDAY, August 31st!
The first day for kindergarten students is on September 8th.
Our Meet and Greet Open House is this Monday, August 30. Please come meet your child’s teacher and the Golden Hill staff!
Families for grades K-2 is from 4:00-4:45
Families for grades 3-4 is from 4:45-5:30
Just a reminder – You can now access the name of your child’s homeroom teacher in the parent portal!
Please Review our Student Arrival and Dismissal Information
Our start of school is always a little more hectic with new students! We appreciate your help and understanding!
- School begins at 9:00 sharp! Please be on time. It is very difficult for students to walk in late to school. If your child arrives after 9:00, you must walk your child to the doors and sign your child into school.
- Students should not be dropped off before 8:45AM.
- Please stay in your cars and keep them running, if you are dropping your child off or picking your child up from school! This keeps the traffic flow going. Teachers will be outside directing you where to go. CARS SHOULD NEVER DRIVE THROUGH THE BUS LANE. This is the lane closest to the school. Cars will be directed to pull up in a 2 by 2 fashion at the first entry way of the parking lot. Again, teachers will be there to direct you.
- Student drop off is to the side of the building near the field. A sign designates this area. Students should have their bags and lunch boxes ready to go when arriving.
- The speed limit driving up the hill is 10 MPH!! We love our students and do not want anyone to get hurt.
- Dismissal is at 3:15! Students will exit the building at the side door and walk with staff to the side walk next to the field for parent pick up. Students will exit the front door for busses in the order that busses arrive. Please understand that during the first two week, busses may run late as routes are being learned!
One final note, we had the blood drive last Thursday, in honor of Mr. Michitson!! And it was very successful. Thank you to everyone for all of your support, and a special thank you to our Golden Hill PTO for running this!
It is going to be a great year!!
Your child’s homeroom teacher was shared with you via the parent/student portal. If you are unsure how to access the portal, I have included a link with instructions. Below this video, there are also written instructions!
Step 1 – Contact Your School
Contact your child(ren)’s schools and make sure your email address and other relevant contact information is up to date. Without this, you will not be able to receive a Portal Account.
Step 2 – Check Your Email
You may already have a message from the SchoolBrains Portal Support with the link and initial login information in your email. It may be in Junk/SPAM, so check there just in case!
The email will be from email@example.com with the subject “SchoolBrains Community Portal Account.”
Step 3 – Log In and Access!
You can find the Portal website link from the welcome email, as well as on the HPS LaunchPad at home.haverhill-ps.org underneath “Admin/Community Links.”
If you did not receive an automated email, simply contact Portal Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you have on file with the school.
Please also include the following in the email:
Your Full Name
The Full name of your child(ren)
Your Full email address
Your child(ren)’s Grade Level(s) and School(s)
Detailed explanation of issue